Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Starting Something New ...

So I've chosen some fabrics from my stash to start something new.  I chose these Spring-like Easter colours ...
And I plan to combine them with these Halloween fabrics.  I think the contrast is just great!  I am so excited to get started.
These will likely be the 2 main feature fabrics.  I just think they compliment each other so well ...
So are you curious to hear what I have in mind?   My rough quilt design is below ...
As anyone who has visited the blog for a while knows, I love Halloween.  But it is just so hard to wait for October!  So I was thinking and it came to me -- why not combine the fun of Easter with the fun of Halloween?  I mean you decorate eggs AND you decorate pumpkins, right? Why not combine the two!!!  Super seasonal mash-up!  Pastel traditional Easter eggs with pumpkin faces.  Egg O'Lanterns?  Jack O'Eggies?
-
I am excited to get this going!  Posted by Riel Nason
-
Okay, did you believe me?  Or just think I was crazy? Anyway, HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY !!!!!
(There will not now or ever be a quilt like this made by me.  Just kidding, joking, etc.  Have a great day!)
 

20 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Thank goodness! It thought you had lost it!

Das Quiltmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Das Quiltmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Das Quiltmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Das Quiltmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Das Quiltmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Das Quiltmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Das Quiltmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Das Quiltmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Das Quiltmonster said...

Don't know what happened!!!! I only made one comment!!!

Riel Nason said...

I think that is the computer's little April Fool's joke ... :-)

Das Quiltmonster said...

Hello, you may be right!!! What I want to say is: as all your quilts are soooo fantastic I would love to see this "Easter-Halloweeen-Cobination"!! I think it would be a great quilt made by you!!!

carla said...

Hi!!!! You got me!!!! I actually think you could make it work!!!!

Vicki B said...

You got me. I couldn't imagine what this quilt was going to look like but you never know.

Riel Nason said...

:-) !!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

no,I didn't think you were crazy! I think it's a fabulous idea. no joke. Do it!

HollyM said...

Lol, I have to admit, I was trying as an artist to keep an open mind, but I was thinking you'd gone a bit far. I was ok with the Halloween prints and the colors at first but on the eggs, ha, ha, way too much!

Kim said...

It might be kind of fun :0)
Happy April fools.you had me going!

Happy Sewing

Janet said...

I didn't think it was an April Fool's for a second. I can totally see you making this quilt :)

jeifner said...

ok, but jackolantern eggs are a fun idea :) I like to combine Halloween with everything. Like Hallowtine's Day.