Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rolling, rolling ...

 I made a purple block.  And I must say that I was REALLY surprised I had enough purple scraps for this.  I did have to include some more magenta-ish fabrics, but I like how it brightens it up overall.
 And the red one is all sewn together now.
Here's the three that are completely done so far.
Here's part of the design wall ... still more work to go! 
-
This is the kids' March Break week coming up so there will be little progress.  I'll see you in two weeks and maybe I'll have a completed quilt top by then.  Also, if you're interested in making some blocks like this, I wrote a mini tutorial.  Just scroll down two posts.
-
Posted by Riel Nason
-
HEY, and Pssssssssst, Want to see what other Canadian Quilt Bloggers are up to?
(Go ahead, click the link.  Really.)

7 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great blocks and color choices.

sherry said...

these blocks are looking great
i like the colours and the way they create movement

Annie Labruyère said...

I like your so colorful blocks! Have a nice week!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Great blocks Riel

Lorette Cole said...

Love these blocks! They pack the punch with color! You'll be ready for spring!

elle said...

What lovely bright colours. The ants are fun!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Your blocks are looking great, Riel. I love the bright colours paired with the black and white backgrounds - striking!