Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Long Lost Quilt Finish: Birthday Nine Patch Quilt

 This quilt has been finished for a while, but I didn't ever post it here on the blog in its finished form.  It is the patchwork nine-patch that my daughter and I made for her 6th birthday.  I cut and sewed everything, but I let her arrange the little squares in every nine patch.
The white with red fabric that I used for the setting squares was from my stash (like most everything really, as I rarely buy fabric for a specific project).  I had bought it on sale for 99 cents a yard! :-) I forget what it is called, but it is good quality quilt shop stuff. 
 I love how cheerful it looks.  Here is the border, backing and binding.  It has a scrappy binding. 
And in this picture you can see her wall colour.  I am so ahead of the curve!  I painted her room last year, but look, the colour is just like this year's Pantone colour of the year: Radiant Orchid!  :-)  Anyway, I love it.  It is very pretty.
-
Posted by Riel Nason
-
And did you know there's a party going on?  A linky party that is.  Join in here!

6 comments:

Dresden Quilter said...

It is beautiful.

Janet said...

A very pretty room!

Margaret said...

What a perfect quilt for a little girl! She must love to go to bed in such a happy room. (wink!)

Regina said...

Fantastic quilt, and so nice that your daughter helped designing it!

Brenda said...

Stunning quilt. What a super gift! I remember letting my daughter chose her paint colour when she was about 13...it ended up dark purple. She was happy....I was happy when she grew-up, got her own place and I could repaint! LOL.
This room looks sweet. :)

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Wow now that is one bright quilt, so much a girly quilt and its beautiful!