Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Completed Scrappy Variation Rolling Stone Quilt Top * (Now With 20% More Ants!)

Okay, it's all sashed and bordered.  The sashing and borders are both 4 inches wide, the same as the individual squares in the blocks.  This wider sashing was needed I think because the blocks are just SO big.  The whole quilt is about 52 by 74 inches -- a really nice lap size to cuddle on the couch with.
-
As to the arrangement of the blocks, it turned out I went with primary colours down the left and secondary colours down the right.  Works well I think.
 The sashing and borders are a different ant fabric from the scraps in the blocks. 
I really don't have a favourite block. 
So, all in all, this is quite different than a lot of what I usually make, but I'm happy with it.  It will have a scrappy binding using all the colours of the squares once it is quilted.  If you'd like to make a quilt like this, just scroll a few posts down in the blog to the post with the blue block. I wrote some mini instructions/tutorial there.   It is a traditional block, but I've made it differently than usual to incorporate HSTs and scraps. 
-
I'm going to link up at www.needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca and a new linky for me, I'm going to Bee Social at http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.ca/.
-
Follow on Bloglovin
-
See you next time!  Riel


17 comments:

Terri in BC said...

Love the ants!

The Cozy Quilter said...

It would make a good picnic blanket! Those are the only ants you need to invit!

Margaret said...

It's terrific! The colours really pop.

Laura said...

Pretty colors!

Xa Lynn said...

I like the organized scrappiness lots!

Lorna McMahon said...

Great quilt top! Love the scrappy bright colours. The blue is my favourite block. Nice job!

wipgirl said...

What a fun quilt :D Love all the bright colours.

Linda said...

It is wonderful Riel! Love it.

canuckquilter said...

Love the ants and love the way you've pieced the blocks.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

The colors and the ants make me think of summer. Visiting from LBS.

Jo said...

So fun! The colours just pop out!

riddleandwhimsy said...

Love the colours and the fun ant prints!

Lorette Cole said...

Nicely done! Love the block arrangement!

Ginette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginette said...

Beautiful! I love the bold colours, and the ants!

Patchmaker said...

Love you bright color choices!

Jo Ferguson said...

It's a wonderful quilt, and even more so because of the ants and your colour choices.