Friday, February 28, 2014

Still Rolling Along ...


 Not a lot to say other than I'm making more of these big (21 inch) rolling stone blocks.  I am really digging through every little fabric bit I have to get a good variety of fabrics in each colour.  I am working on a green square ...
 ... and a red square.  You also may notice that a little bit of ant fabric has sneaked in.  I realised that I was going to run out of the polka dot fabric eventually, so I introduced the ants.  I also only have a little bit of that left, but the two fabrics together should be enough.  I really like how it adds a bit of interest and reinforces that this is a true scrap quilt.
 Here's a yellow square.  None of these three are all sewn together yet.  They are on my design wall.
The group so far.
If you'd like to make a square like this, I wrote out some very basic instructions in the previous blog post.  Have a fun and quilty weekend!
-
Posted by Riel Nason

4 comments:

Brenda said...

looks great so far and I love the ants crawling all over it!

Linda said...

Your blocks are just wonderful Riel! Love them all, especially the blue one

Frog Quilter said...

I have been wanting to make these blocks for a long time. Very tempting and oh so pretty.

Dominique said...

Very nice and good choice on those ants!