Friday, January 13, 2012

Recent Fabric Fun

Of course I had to go to Marden's in Calais over the holidays.  I know you all understand.  I was good and only bought a bit of fabric.  The pieces above are for backings.  They were all on clearance.  At $1.99/yard who could resist?  Three of the fabrics above are Prints Charming.  I loooove the soft seemingly brushed cotton feeling of those ones.
Great I-Spy clocks and a bit of Jennifer Paganelli.
These FQs were in my Christmas stocking.  :-)
And I even bought some fleece, just to cut a couple of quick scarves and make hats. 
-
Oh, and I learned to knit over the holidays(!!!)  Hee, hee, but that is a post for another time.
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U

10 comments:

Lynne said...

Beautiful fabrics - lovely additions to your stash.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice stash enhancement! I am looking forward to seeing these fabrics in your quilts!

HollyM said...

I love those black and red modern fabrics in the first picture.
I can't imagine what creative things you'll do with knitting!

Linda said...

I'm having Marden's envy! Great fabrics.

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like it was a good holiday season! ;)

Linda said...

I really love that clock fabric! All your new fabrics are great!

Julierose said...

Those clocks are to die for...Julierose

Teje said...

Hi Riel! You have been lucky with your shopping! So many beautiful prints and amazing prize! I'm happy you have found knitting! Enjoy your new journey with yarn!
x Teje

Live a Colorful Life said...

Fun fabrics! And I have been knitting too...and thinking of taking up crochet again. You know. with all my extra time...

Carolyn @ sweetboaterchick said...

I absolutely love the fabrics that you picked up. Great colors. I have been following your blog for a little while now and I have to say that many of your quilts look just like my stash! I love seeing all the projects you come up with.