Friday, August 19, 2011

Quilt Sightings at the Sussex Flea Market

 I went to New Brunswick's biggest outdoor flea market today.  It is an annual event held in Sussex, NB.  I believe they have about 900 vendors.  It was hot and involved a lot of walking, but I enjoyed myself.  It was great to talk to so many of my antique dealer friends who I only see a couple of times a year.
-
I had my camera with me so I took photos of the old quilts I saw for sale ...
 Nice red in this one.
 Embroidered birds on the left.

 Nice rugs too.

 Hexies!

 Two ladies saw me taking pictures so they volunteered to hold open this quilt top.  Pretty embroidery.

I didn't buy any quilts, but I did find this.  It is clean, clean, clean inside, sturdy, large, and I love the honey colour of it.  A nice buy for $20.00 I thought.
-
Happy Weekend.  Hope you find a bit of sewing time.
-
-
I'm trying a fun new linky, just click the button above to see more thrifty treasures.
-
Posted by Riel Nason on The Q and the U

12 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Nice sewing box....I have the exact same one ...thanks for giving us a peek...think I'll take a drive down tomorrow...

Sandra said...

Hmm. Haven't been to the Sussex flea market since 1998 (when I was pregnant with our first daughter!!) I remember it was hot, hot and after about an hour I'd had enough. Those were "back in the days" when it was more car parts than antiques and collectibles! I swear if my antique dealer husband had stopped at "one more stall" with 1957 Chev parts...I would have gone into labour right then and there..lol.
Glad you had fun. Nice quilts on display.

Cathy said...

Love the sewing box! That style of box is just so interesting! Great storage too!

Lynne said...

That sewing blox was a great find!

Thanks for sharing the photos of the quilts - we don't have anything happening like that here that I'm aware of!

Linda said...

Those are gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing!

Shelley said...

Oh, I missed my favorite flea market again!! Next year I HAVE to go :) Thanks for the nice pics Riel!

Letterpress said...

I haven't been to a flea market in ages, but it was fun to virtually go with you! It seems like it was also a mini-quilt show with all those vintage quilts. Really fun to see.

Elizabeth E!
http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

karlyn Jackson said...

I love the top square patch quilt and that sewing box, I found an identical one a while back for $20 as well, definitely worth every cent.

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

So many beautiful quilts! Nice find on the sewing box.

VintageSweetheart said...

Those quilts are lovely hopefully one day I will have one on my bed!

Nice sewing box!

E :)

BeckyKay said...

What a fabulous sewing box! I am quite jealous!

Vesuviusmama said...

$20!!! What a steal!