Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fabulous Four Birthday Quilt Coordinates

 So, it's the big birthday today!  We are up early and my now four-year-old daughter Tess is sitting on my lap watching me post these pictures of her new room deco.  It was fun for me to sneak into her room as she slept last night and change out the curtains and put her new quilt over her.
-
I showed the pennants the other day, and I also made a valance.  And the quilt of course.  A pillowcase is still to come.  It's times like this that I am so glad I learned to sew.  I'm sure you quilters know what I mean.
Okay, time to start decorating for the party. 
-
Tomorrow is the big Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day which I will be participating in. 
-
Happy Quilting!
-
Edited to add on May 24:  I thought I'd link this up to Fabric Tuesday since that's always a fun linky!

16 comments:

LynCC said...

How fun that you got to capitalize on the Fabulous 4 fabric and make such cool trappings for your girls 4th birthday!! The best of sewing world delights. :)

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This is adorable! What a great surprise. I would have gotten caught setting it up in the night!

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said...

Happy 4th Birthday to Tess! What a special one it is. I agree, knowing how to sew is great when you have little ones. Have fun today!

Dresden Quilter said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Her room looks fabulous!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday, Tess! Your Mom is going to have to design some fabric for your next year's birthday so she can make you things !

Teje said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! That was wonderful idea to change the things at night and it must have been the best suprise to wake up with a new quilt!

Mary Jo said...

Happy Birthday to Tess! I love the valance! The room must look so pretty!!

~Michelle~ said...

Hey, if the Quilt Fairy wants to stop by & makeover my bedroom while I sleep, I would be forever grateful! Is it wrong the be jealous of a 4 year old?? :-p ;)

All Things Beautiful said...

I found you from the Sew Mama Sew giveaway day. Good job on the quilt it is lovely. I hope to learn to make beautiful quilts one day. Most of my experience is with clothes for my kiddos, but they are slowing growing out of that stage and I know I won't be giving up sewing anytime soon.

Lisa said...

just beautiful.
hugs
:)

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

All of those items are 'sew' cute. i know what you mean about sewing. Each time I make my girls something, or can create the 'perfect' gift, I appreciate my skills that much more.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

ANudge said...

Wow, you've done a lot in a year and a half. You're a natural. I'm keeping this idea for when our DGD, Lily, turns 4.

Thanks for sharing.

lemonadegal said...

What a super fun idea to decorate while she slept. I love the quilt! It is perfect for a little girl, and I think it is great that you used to 4 fabric.

littlemissmk said...

what a lucky little girl :)

Mary said...

How cool that you changed it in the middle of the night! Looks great!

Quiltstory said...

Looks so cute! Happy Birthday Tess!! And I like your new header on your blog, very cute. Thanks for linking to Quilt Story :)